Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
The Transition Institute Publication Launch
Monday, 21 November 2011 from 10:00 to 12:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Please join us for the Transition Institute's publication launch on public service spin outs: Social Value Ethos.
Social Value Ethos is the result of discussions with our partners and network members.
It focuses on the journeys of a snapshot of the public sector entrepreneurs who have spun out their services; and looks at how they have used the change as a positive process to embed an ethos of social value across their staff and users.
For anyone who is considering joining this band of public sector leaders, we hope that this publication will help you both frame your change journey, as well as to map out crucial aspects of the potential journey ahead: learning from practitioners who have been where you are right now and taken the crucial next steps.
This publication is not intended as the definitive word on enshrining social value across the people who manage and deliver services. In fact, we want this paper to stimulate a conversation with practitioners, users and policymakers about what kind of public services we want and need, and how we can ensure that the principles of public service can be embedded into new public service spin outs.
(*Please note the changed running order*) The morning event will consist of:
- 9.45 Registration opens, refreshments available.
- 10.10 Welcome from Allison Ogden-Newton (Chair of the Transition Institute Board of Directors, CEO of Social Enteprise London)
- 10.15 An introduction to the Transition Institute: our vision for better public services and an overview of Social Value Ethos from Dom Potter (Director, Transition Institute)
- 10.20 Practitioner panel discussion including:
- Andrew Burnell (CEO, City Health Care Partnership CIC)
- Brendan O’Keefe (Head of Kensington and Chelsea Youth Services)
- Kevin Bond (CEO, NAViGO CIC)
- Siobhan Clarke (Managing Director, Your Healthcare)
- Sabina Khan (Director of Policy and Research, Social Enterprise London)
- 11.30 Keynote speech:
- Sir Stephen Bubb (CEO, ACEVO)
- 11.50 Speech from:
- Nick Hurd MP (Minister for Civil Society)
- 12.00 Close and networking until 12.30
In addition, every person attending the event will receive a copy of the discussion paper which will provide the focus of the key debates. We hope that you can offer us your thoughts and comments in return, so that we can ensure that this document is kept up to date and refreshed as the new generation of public services emerges. Comments can be given to us at the event, or after the event online at